Want to create Google custom search engine for your WordPress or any other blog? You can easily create it without knowing any coding. Google custom search engine tools offers to create it for your blog.
Also you will be able to bookmark your custom search engine with sharing publicly. In this article i will share how you can make Google custom search engine for your blog. Before moving on tutorial let’s share what is Google custom search engine and why you should to create Google Custom search engine for your blog.
What is Google Custom Search Engine?
Generally we know search engines are Google, Yahoo, Bing, Baidu etc. But Google Custom Search Engine is mainly designed for blog or site owner. Google Custom Search Engine is a platform which is provided by Google to help web developers for categorize queries and customized search engine.
The Benefits of Using Google’s Custom Search Engine
1. Google’s custom search engine is mainly provided by Google’s search algorithms to give the most relevant content for search query. You don’t need to find out information from entire online world.
2. You can save your server from extra pressure of site searching. Save your bandwidth for another visitors.
3. Totally free tools for users also you can upgrade it on premium.
4. You can make money blogging by using Google Custom Search Engine. In free feature Google shows ads but you can make money by joining Google Adsense. Remember more search can make more money.
5. You can create Google custom search engine without knowing any coding, in WordPress it’s easy to use by WordPress Plugin.
6. You can make one custom search engine for your several domains.
7. Also you can linkup with Google analytics to track search queries. Exactly you will be able to know what your visitors are searching on your blog or website.
How to Create Google Custom Search Engine
1. First go to Google Custom Search HomePage, Login by existing Google account(Gmail Account), If you don’t have Gmail account then create it first. Click on New Search Engine.
Write your URL on ‘Sites to Search’ Section. Select your language ,Give a name of your search engine on ‘Name of the search engine’ section. Then click on ‘create’. Note: You can add any of the following for URL:
[For Individual pages: www.yourwebsite.com/page.html
To Search From Entire site: www.yoursite.com/*
Add any Parts of your site: www.example.com/docs/* or www.example.com/docs/
Entire domain: *.example.com]
2. Congratulations! You have successfully created your custom search engine for website or blog. To implement Google custom search engine on your website click on ‘Get code’ button .
Get your public URL from ‘ public URL section. Also you modify this by clicking ‘control panel’.
3. Modify your search engine– You can modify your custom search engine here. If you want to make money with your search engine then link with Google Adsense on Make Money Tab.
4. Here’s the Google custom search engine example–
5. How to implement or add Google search to website
Share your experienced with Google Custom Search Engine in comment bellow. Feel free to ask any question if you face any problem about this .
Help other website or blog owners by sharing this post on various social media. Don’t forget to subscribe our newsletter to get fresh content to enhance your blogging knowledge.