It’s painful, whenever you’ll lose your hard working results, You would realize the importance of creating complete backup.
I know that, what a painful thing it is?
When i started my first news blog worldnewswebsite.net(now latestworldnews24.com), i was unaware about taking backup.
When i was trying to download WordPress update version, i lost all of my information including 150+ articles.
What a big mistake i did!
I learned from there, taking a complete backup for WordPress site is must.
There are many platforms offer for complete central backup such as Dropbox, iCloud, Amazon S3, Box.net etc. I got an easy solution from DropBox, specially taking a full Backup, it’s an easy task for newbies. DropBox made it more than easier you think.
DropBox is most popular for cloud storage service provider, it will help you to storage your files and give you permission to access your files from anywhere. Also it’s famous for solution of Complete WordPress site Backup.
You’ll get 2GB of storage for free, also you’ll be able to grab 16GB of free storage by referring others.
Premium Dropbox service is available when you need more space. They offer to upgrade pro plan for 9.99/month & Business plan for $15/month.
Everyone want to protect his site from malware, hackers & spammers. Some of my friends recommends to create backup in same server i hosted my site.
But, i wasn’t agree with them.
I got more recommendation from Warriorforum.com, there i made a thread. you can check out this here. Experienced DropBox users recommended to use DropBox.
I think keeping backup in same server is not a secure solution. It might get crashed your files from hosted servers. But Whenever you made backups in another cloud server, it’s secure. So,
How to Choose an Ideal Backup Service Provider?
Good Backup Service Provider should to fulfill Minimum Requirements-
1. Ability to backup both database and files.
2. Maintain a backup schedule.
3. Give permission to access files from anywhere .
4. Provide cloud storage to backup your files.
5. Easy to transfer or export backups.
All of these service in above will provide DropBox.
How to Backup WordPress Site to Dropbox?
1. First of all you need a DropBox Account, Go to DropBox.com then create an account using name, email and password. Don’t forget to choose a strong password.
2. Now login to your WordPress Dashboard and Go To Plugins>Add new>Search for “WordPress Backup to DropBox” then click “install Now”.
3. Once you have installed the plugin, you will get a new feature named “WPB2D” in your Dashboard under the settings option. Now click on WPB2D then “Backup Settings”.
4. Then it will asked to authorize the plugin with your DropBox account. Click the “Authorize” button. A new window will open and DropBox will ask to authenticate to give the permission of plugin to access. Simply Click on “Allow”.
Now WordPress Backup to Dropbox plugin will access to your folder. Once your Dropbox account is connected with WordPress Backup to Dropbox plugin Automatically it will store your all backup files on Apps>WPB2D in Dropbox account.
5. Again go to “Backup setting ” configure some setting as you need.
You will be able to Store backup in a sub-folder of the wpb2d app folder If you are planning to backup multiple sites in the same Dropbox account, check this blank box and give a name to the sub folder.
Also Set the day and time of the backup to Dropbox. If you have huge contents and files on WordPress blog, then choose a day like weekend when you get less traffic, it would be midnight or morning of Sunday day.
Set Frequency to let how often the backup to Dropbox is to be performed. I like to get weekly backup. Also you can choose a daily & fortnightly backup.
Select the files and directories that you don’t want to input into backup files, you’ll find these option in “Excluded Files and Directories”.
Normally you can avoid ‘wp-admin’ as you can configure it from WordPress installation. Also cache folders should exclude from these list.
Click “Save Changes” , Now time to move forward to get your first backup files.
6. To create your backup files click on “Backup Monitor” under the option of “WPB2D” menu. Now Click on “Start Backup” .
Automatically it will send your full backup files to your Dropbox account. If you have running a large WordPress site then wait for few hours to complete backup.
How much time need to complete or create full backup, it depends on your website or blog file sizes.
From Editor Desk:
Please don’t make a mistake that i made! Always take full backup of your WordPress site in reliable store. When it comes about WordPress security, it’s play an important role whenever you create complete backup.
I highly recommend QcBlogging Readers to keeping full backup of their sites. Cloud storage & hard drive backup is must for every sites. DropBox made this easy, you’ll be able to get cloud storage backup and hard drive backup using DropBox Sync service.
Lot of thanks to read my contents.
Feel free to ask anything about DropBox Backup?
Also let us know which platforms you use to backup your sites?
- Make $2898/mo-MyThemeShop Affiliate Program Review 2015
- How To Drive Free Instant Traffic To Your New Website
- How to Build Email List Using Commenters On WordPress Blog
- How to Start A blog- A Starter Guide for Beginners
- 15 Best Mythemeshop WordPress Themes